Part Time Teller Needed in Knox
Represents the Bank to customers through accurately and efficiently processing a variety of transactions; teller receives and pays out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing quality service. Develops and expands existing and new customer relationships by cross-selling and referring bank products and services. Utilizes sales and referral skills to ensure relationship banking. Provides assistance and responds to customer questions and concerns.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides excellent customer service, which includes the prompt acknowledgment of customers and maintaining a friendly and courteous disposition; ensures that customers are satisfied with all transaction requests; maintains a professional image.
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices. Process savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity. Identify counterfeit currency. Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies. Accepting loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts. Count and roll loose coins. Issue cashier’s checks, Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded. Ensure teller station is properly supplied. Verify deposit coupons are properly completed and checks are made payable to the “Bank”. Close accounts when requested. Follow procedures for removing accounts for dormancy. Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks. Process cash advances, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds. Maintain appropriate currency logs.
- Initiates discussion to determine relationship needs; explains the features and benefits of various types of products and services to uncover the referral opportunity.
- Expands customer relationships by suggesting and selling additional products and services based on customers’ needs through a variety of cross-selling techniques; refers customers to appropriate team member when necessary.
- Promotes and utilizes CRM for ongoing sales and service maintenance and lead opportunities.
- Promotes the sales and service culture in conjunction with corporate objectives; actively participates, leads and provides input in weekly/daily sales meetings.
- Achieves and/or exceeds established performance and personal sales and service goals.
- Complies with all regulatory and bank policies and procedures; completes all required training and demonstrates acquired learning by consistently achieving required test scores.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all retail banking products and services.
- Adheres to all operational policies and procedures.
- Responds to questions from customers regarding retail bank products and services; receives and resolves routine customer issues; researches customer inquiries.
- Balances teller drawer daily; balances ATM as needed; balances and verifies vault as needed.
- Provide assistance as needed to Head Teller and CSR; perform Head Teller and CSR duties as required.
- Participates in and promotes a teamwork atmosphere in the branch.
- Participates in community activities as needed to generate visibility and contact for the bank.
- Promotes the vision and mission of The Farmers National Bank of Emlenton
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be accurate and detail-oriented.
- Must have previous customer service experience; knowledge of effective customer service methods and practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and various departments throughout the bank.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed established sales and operational goals; previous sales experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to solve a wide variety of practical and customer service problems.
- Ability to operate a standard personal computer and related software; must be able to effectively access and interpret information on computer screens.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and excel in a teamwork environment.
- Must be able to effectively work independently and with others.
- Must be bondable.
- Must present a professional image.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to see and adjust visual focus, to use hands to handle objects and/or tools, to sit, to stand, to talk and to hear. The employee is occasionally required to transport themselves and lift up to 15 pounds.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Cash Handling: 1 year